Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hectic days!

Tomorrow is Aiden's birthday and I can't believe he's going to be 2 already. Two years ago today I'd been in labor for like 15 hours already! He wouldn't come until 6:52 am on the 2nd, but boy were we thrilled when he finally graced us with his presence. His arrival was pretty scary but you'd never believe it when you see him today. :)

So, back to the present, I've been diligently cleaning the house in preparation for his birthday. We're not really doing anything major but I wanted things to finally be in order. I'm FINALLY feeling like I'm getting a handle on this apartment and getting things where I want them to be. My mom got me a really nice desk for my birthday and that really helped me too. The desk I was previously using was a free item from Craigslist and when you would lean on it it was pretty hairy-- it would lean about 6 inches in any direction. It served its purpose but I'm glad to have a sturdier, more solid desk.

I've been keeping up with my exercise and eating healthy, as well. I think this is the longest I've ever been consistent about a fitness or health program. I'm really quite proud of myself. This morning I stepped on the scale and I am still below 130!! I am at 128.5 finally!

My pants really are getting a little bit loose! I have lost 2 inches around my waist an inch from my thighs and like 1.75 inches from my hips. What a great feeling that this is finally working for me, and it is totally do-able. I think that's the best part-- I don't feel like I'm on a diet. If I really want a Coke, I have a Coke. I just don't have a Coke every single time I feel like it, or mindlessly anymore.

I got myself the two Sparkpeople DVDs-- "Cardio Blast" and "Fit, Firm and Fired Up" after my last battle with my Wii Active. I really like the workouts on the Wii Active but so many times I just want to throttle the thing when I have to do 25 extra curls because it doesn't read my position correctly. I have really small hands [think Burger King commercial] so it's hard for me to hold the controller the way they want and hold my resistance band. So, when I don't feel like wrestling with that thing, I can do these DVDs instead. Today is heavy cleaning day around the house, though, so I probably won't get to them at all.

To do today: floors, bathroom, lots of laundry folding and dusting!

No comments:

Post a Comment