Friday, June 12, 2009

Have the cerclage... and a headache!

So, I have my cerclage placed. That part of the procedure went very well and I'm very thankful for that. I did have some issues, again, though, as always-- it seems. I spoke with the anesthesiologist to let her know about my previous issues with the spinal. She said she'd like to try to place a spinal, but if it didn't work that they would not do a second spinal like last time (which could have apparently killed me...), but that they would do a general anesthesia, if the spinal didn't take. So, off we went to the OR. I moved over to the operating table, and they set me up for the spinal. Spinal in.... and we wait, and wait and wait... 10 minutes later, I'm still not numb (that's NOT normal-- it should be about 2 minutes before you're basically a brick). So, at about 15 minutes after placing the spinal, they went ahead with the general (continuing to test to see if the spinal was working, though). I woke up 20 minutes later and all was done.

Now, though, I'm dealing with an awful spinal headache-- figures that the dumb procedure that didn't even work gave eme this wonderful complication. I went back to the ER last night and they confirmed that it was likely a spinal headache, but not severe and should go away. Today, I can't stand without horrible pain shooting through my head.

I'm hoping this subsides soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment