Monday, June 8, 2009

Mama with a blog

So, I'm starting a blog... One of millions, I know. I'll be using this blog to document my sixth pregnancy. I have one child, Aiden, who is 13 months old, and I'm expecting a new bean in late November or early December. I'm due about Dec. 1, but the baby could easily come early.

So, six pregnancies, you must wonder what happened. I had four miscarriages before giving birth to my son last year, so that alone makes me high risk. Add on to that that I have a bicornuate uterus and have had a LEEP procedure, and you've got a high risk pregnancy.... Oh, did I mention that I had contractions from pretty much 24 weeks on, last time? And, I also developed pre-eclampsia at about 33 weeks. So, yeah, pregnancy is a bit rough on me. But, I'm optimistic that this round will be better.

On Wednesday, June 10, I'm scheduled for my cervical cerclage, a procedure in which my cervix will be sewn shut. It has its risks, so I'm nervous. I also have issues with spinal anesthesia. I had to have two separate spinals for my last cerclage, and I had two failed epidurals during my 34 hour labor with my son. I'm hoping that things go smoothly for my cerclage, but of course, I'm anxious about it. It's just got to be done, though.

Well, Aiden's asleep, so I should probably try to get myself to that level as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment