Monday, April 19, 2010

...and then a night in the ER

So yesterday was beautiful and I failed to mention that Aiden did a back flip down the half flight of stairs that lead to our apartment. Well, he did. It was pretty scary but he shook it off quickly after a good cry and everything seemed fine. He ran at the riverfront walk and all of that.

In a normal bout of insomnia, I was laying in bed at 3 am, tossing and turning when I heard coughing on the baby monitor. Well, I still check on Aiden about 3-4 times a night (and Luke too, but he's right next to me in the cosleeper). Anyway, I went into his room and found that he was vomiting and choking and gagging on the vomit. :( I got him out of bed, into a bath and cleaned up. Of course he vomited again about 20 minutes later-- all over me. I took a quick shower and that's when I remembered that he had fallen yesterday. I noticed he had a little bruise on his forehead, too. He wasn't running a fever, so I started to worry a bit. I called the doctor's after-hours exchange and sure enough they wanted me to bring him to the ER.

We went to the ER and they checked him out, he has a slight infection in his left ear leading them to believe he may just have had a little virus. But, he still has had absolutely no fever and the vomiting seems to be at bay-- at least with Zofran and Phenergan on board. They sent us home and we got to bed at about 8 this morning. I'm a total zombie today. I put Aiden in his room and inflated the blow up bed and popped Luke in his crib in their room. We were all able to get a couple hours rest that way. I'm hoping Aiden will take a little nap this afternoon and that Luke will cooperate and sleep at the same time so I might get a little rest.

So.... hopefully I'll be able to get some sort of exercise in this evening if I get a chance to rest..... I would like to at least do something. I'm loving that I have sore muscles!

No comments:

Post a Comment