Sunday, April 18, 2010

Prettiest day of the year... so far.

We had a WONDERFUL day today! Brandon started his day fishing in the lake that is near our house. He didn't have much success and decided to come back and pick us up and try the river. While he tried some fishing, I took the boys for a walk on the riverfront trail.

Rotary Riverfront Trail


This is by far my favorite place to walk with the boys because it's lovely and shaded, Aiden can run free and fast and I can see him for a long way. There are enough dandelions to keep him occupied, and of course STICKS! He pretty much ran an entire mile today. He was red in the face but had a blast. And he got to see a choo-choo pass by so that really made his day.

We went one mile out on the trail and then turned around. I popped Aiden in the stroller and walked more quickly on the way back. I even jogged a bit which I haven't done in ages. It was FABULOUS! The weather was perfect, I got some exercise and it was just a phenomenal day.

After that, we took Brandon for a quick haircut and I went and GOT A MASSAGE!! It was heavenly. I had two hours all to myself and an hour of that was spent being pampered. The massage therapist said my neck and back were VERY tense. She recommended getting a 90-minute massage next time so she could spend more time on my neck and back. I'm a little sore from the massage, but that's a good thing. I could feel her working the knots out. At first I was a little worried because she was kind of a younger, smaller gal and I usually prefer someone who looks a little bigger and tougher because I like a lot of pressure, but she did a GREAT job! Plenty of pressure. Never judge a book by its cover!

Ok, off to get some shut-eye. I have had a very long day..... plus I need to get some reading in. Reading "The Spark" and "Garden Spells" right now.

1 comment: