Saturday, April 17, 2010

Farmer's Market, bell peppers and lovely weather....

So the weather outside is gorgeous! The Farmer's Market opened today for the first time this year. I have to say I was kind of hoping for a little more, but it was still nice to get out in the morning air. There were lots of breads, cookies, homemade canned things (relishes, etc) and plants. They did have some great deals on plants but we're all set for our garden. I am hoping as the summer growing season begins we'll get more fresh produce there.

I picked up a yummy orange bell pepper at the market today and sauteed it in some olive oil with an onion for a tasty lunch over angel hair pasta. I love being able to get decent produce here. New Orleans was the worst place I've ever lived as far as finding fresh produce was concerned. It was so tough to get anything decent, and when you did find something, the prices were crazy.

I did notice they've got a big BBQ festival going on in our little town today. I think Brandon will be off too late for us to check it out, which is unfortunate because he's always saying he wants to "go to one of those" when he sees these competitions on TV. They were getting all set up this morning.

Main Street BBQ & Blues Fest

Well, it looks like it is until 8. If Brandon actually gets off at 5 maybe we'll be able to head down there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment